And idle sat the cordless rotary multitool in its case a few feet away

The heat-shrink tubing shrunk, but not in an aesthetically pleasing way. I would have saved some time and gotten a much cleaner result if, to begin with, I had used my Bocsh Dremel-alike, but the result was acceptable.

Tonight, I added a 2-part plastic miniature latch to a generic plastic drawer. The latch has two components, one terminating in spring-driven jaws and the other being, basically, an arrow-shaped protrusion shaped so as to be gripped by its mate. Both parts are designed to snap into place, so installing it was simply a matter of deciding where to place it, marking the locations of the holes to be made, making the cuts, and pressing the halves of the latch into place.

For reasons unbeknownst to even myself, I went about the process in perhaps the least time-wise way possible, drilling a number of holes within the edges of the areas of plastic drawer material designated for removal and then, using a small utility knife, completed the cuts by running the blade of a small utility knife from one hole to another until I could remove the little pinky-nail-sized rectangles of plastic. Before snapping the latch halves into position, I tidied up the perimeters of the holes with a small, square-cross-section file.